Saturday, September 6, 2014

FOOD POST: Midnight Mercato on a Friday Night



I remember the first time I laid eyes in this gastronomic place, July 2011. My eyes dazzled with excitement as I see the variety of foods being offered. Since then, I keep coming back.

Midnight Mercato is a weekend market hub that offers an assorted selection of foods. From local foods like barbeque isaw, bagnet and sisig – to international cuisine like Japanese, Korean, Mexican, and American etc. 


I believe that the concept of Midnight Mercato was inspired by nearby Asian countries like Singapore, Thailand or Hongkong since these countries offers the best food stalls lined up on streets selling food till the wee hours of the night.





Last night, my boyfriend and I decided to go here since we already miss the place. These are the things we ate. Enjoy!


Assorted meats and seafood to be grilled. We ordered Chicken Bbq for 100pesos


Super famous chicken and pork intestines, 35pesos each.



Giant Takoyaki! Unlike the ones in the mall, this has more fillings of crab and squid. 1 serving is 70pesos for 4 pieces.




Pork Steak. Tender but lacks flavor. The gravy that came with it is very good though. 100pesos each.



Fresh fruit  juice. We ordered the large ripe mango for 70pesos.



And the star of the night. Merry Moo ice cream! Homemade ice cream using fresh ingredients! 






I got the Sea Salt Caramel for 85pesos/scoop. It was divine. It is very creamy, sweet and salty. Yummers!

We also bought home some cakes and brownies. 3 for 100pesos. I chose Carrot Cake, Caramel Cake and Revel Bars! 





Some things I notice. The food stalls are less than the last time I was here (January). The tacklings (bite size tacos) are now gone. There are also less barbeque stands. Mochiko (mochi with ice cream) is also nowhere to be found.  

Well, I will still come back in this majestic food heaven. Next time I will try the Nitrous Oxide Ice Cream. Ooooh!

Our total spending for 2 is 595pesos. It is very affordable and there are just so much things to choose from. If you want to have a full course meal with appetizers, main and dessert – bring at least 600-800 pesos for 2 persons.


Happy Eating!!! 






Midnight Mercato 
34th street and 8th avenue,
(across MC Home Depot) Bonifacio Global City 

No comments:

Post a Comment