Wednesday, September 17, 2014

FOOD POST: Army Navy - Bad Food or Bad Food?


Army Navy is a fast-food joint that serves American-Mexican specialties. It’s a sister company of Yellow Cab, that’s why in some areas (like in Tagaytay), Army Navy and Yellow Cab shares the same location.


Like its sister company, Army Navy is also a self service joint – which means you need to fall in line, order, pay, wait then claim your food. Easy! This is not my first time here (3rd actually Ha-ha), so I think I know the drill.

To be honest, I am not really a big fan of their food. It’s just that my hubby wanted to eat their Chicken Sandwich – and so I found myself falling in line and ordering Pork Burrito, Chipotle Chicken Sandwich, Freedom Fries and Chocolate Milkshake.


THE FOOD


Carnitas - Pork Burrito (185pesos)


Warning: If you are a purist when it comes to Burrito, then NEVER try this. 
The taste is tolerable for me, it is actually not that bad but I had better burrito for almost the same price. The occasional pork tasted like pulled pork adobo and the wrap is soggy. Is this just a bad batch?




Chipotle Chicken Sandwich (185)




I should’ve ordered this. It is GOOD. It is the perfect combination of crispy chicken fillet, onion rings and chipotle sauce enclosed in a wonderful sesame seed Kaiser Bun. YUM! This gave some life to my slowly dying appetite (because of the burrito).




Chocolate Milkshake (99pesos)



I’m not looking forward to ordering this again.



Freedom Fries (75pesos)

I don’t have any picture because it arrived after 45 LONG minutes, and so we just decided to take it out. There is nothing special either. It tasted like KFC fries but thinner.
                                                                                                                                     

Our total bill is 544pesos. I wouldn’t mind paying more – if the service is fast and the food is great.





OVERALL


Two words: Mediocre and Overrated. I don’t know why some people are going gaga over it. I can’t seem to see the hype of this place. Their selection of burgers is really good, which I believe is the American part; the Mexican part - quesadillas, tacos, burritos – BLAH!

I've tried almost all their food selection from my previous visits and I fairly just didn’t like 80% of it. As much as I would like to give it another chance, the place already gave me too many misses - it will be hard to reclaim itself again – at least in my palate’s opinion.


In our case, Came in Hungry - Walked out really disappointed.






Army Navy
Net Quad Corporate Center, 4th ave cor 31st stFort Bonifacio, TaguigOpen 24 hours


No comments:

Post a Comment