Saturday, September 27, 2014

FOOD POST: Flavours of China


 

It was a sizzling Saturday afternoon and our stomachs are asking for anything Chinese, and the only one existing in SM Sucat is Flavours of China. So Flavours of China it is. 
(And YES, FlavoUrs is spelled with a U)


While waiting for our food, the server gave us these complimentary crackers. It came with some bland vinegar, but who am I to protest. It’s FREE.

Shrimp Crackers for FREE


First up is this Steamed Sharksfin Dumpling. It is not actually made of sharks fin (duh), but is rather filled with generous amount of pork and shrimp. I find that the wrapper is too yellow-ish (don’t you think?) but texture wise, it is good. I like my wrapper thick and a little chewy. I suggest eating it right away or else it will go from chewy to bubblegum rubbery.

Steamed Sharksfin Dumplings (98pesos)

Yang Chow Fried Rice.  This can be eaten by itself with some chili sauce. It is fluffy and savory. My hubby LIKES this, a LOT!

Yang Chow Fried Rice (110pesos/good for 2-3)

Szechuan Chicken.  I am a bit hesitant to get this because my perception is that, it is a fried chicken smothered in chili sauce with loads of butter. But I am wrong. I was delighted with this dish. It has the perfect blend of crispy, spicy, juicy, salty and oh so yummy flavors. You can’t beat the price also.

Szechuan Chicken (220pesos)


For drinks, we just got refillable (powdered) iced tea that we had refilled for a couple of times (sinulit lang namin hehe).

OVERALL

Flavours of China is a straight to the point restaurant that serves good food for a good price. It favors the Filipino palate by creating a fusion between Chinese and Filipino cuisine. I won’t say that the food is authentic; rather the food will give you a glimpse of what Chinese cuisine is about.

NOTE: If you are looking for AUTHENTIC Chinese-Cantonese Food, you can try Gloria Maris.







Flavours of China
Ground Floor, SM Sucat Annex


No comments:

Post a Comment