Thursday, September 4, 2014

FOOD POST: Pak Restaurant and Meat Shop

Indian – Pakistani – Arabic – Middle Eastern food are sprouting like mushrooms here in the Philippines. It is becoming more popular by the second. Most of the restaurants I know that offer these dishes are a little pricey, so finding an inexpensive place is quite an achievement for me.





This small eatery is situated in Paranaque City. They serve a fusion of Pakistani, Persian and North Indian foods, all of which are Halal. Pak Restaurant is owned by a Pakistani national and his Filipina wife.


It only has 6 rectangular – wooden tables and chairs. I believe this area can only hold a maximum of around 35 persons. The place is simple and neat. It looks like a typical cafeteria.


Aside from the 'restaurant area', they also have a small corner in which they sell lentils, different flours to make roti, paratha or dosa, pickled vegetables, indian soaps and oils and a lot more. 

Their menu consists of 5 different parts - Bread, Chicken, Mutton (goat), Beef and Vegetables. They also offer Paneer and drinks like Lassi and Milk Badam.

For this afternoon, this is what I ordered. 

Paratha, 45pesos each

Paratha. I was a bit confuse with this one though. It looks, feel and taste more like a regular roti than a paratha. Paratha's should be soft, and should consists of many layers. This is is more on the dry side. Well, I think they got confused with my order.

Mutton Kebab, 80pesos

Mutton Kebab. Ground mutton mixed with different spices. This one tastes good, but dry. It is supposed to be served with rice or bread. Where is the bread?? Along with it are sliced onion, tomato and yogurt chutney. The yogurt chutney is SUPER delish! :)

Bashmati Rice, 55pesos

Bashmati Rice. I love this long grain rice. It's fragrant and fluffy. This one is cooked perfectly.

Mutton Keema, 160pesos
Mutton Keema. Minced mutton meat, cooked in aromatic spices. Usually, potatoes or peas are mixed with it but where are they???

I also ordered Milk Badam, 55pesos for 250ml. (I forgot to take a picture)

Total Bill is 440pesos for 2. 


WHAT I LOVE? The food is very affordable. Price ranges from 55-250 pesos. The food is also good (sometimes). When the owner is there, if he or his wife will cook - the food is great, but if not - then the food sucks big time.

WHAT I DON'T LIKE? Inconsistency. Maybe this is what you'll get for the price? (but that is just a lame excuse). I've been here many times, sometimes the food is superb and sometimes its not. The service is also not good. The servers are always confused - like what happened to me this day. They did serve me roti and not paratha. They also forgot the bread on the kebab. 

OVERALL:

I would still come back here even if I had experience bad service. It's not all the time though. HAHA. 
I hope the owners would change their servers. The servers don't know anything. Seriously. I actually hate them. They are ruining the business. They are not attentive, very lax. They kept chatting in the middle of the service. (Note: I was the only customer during this time, there were 4 servers and they still didn't get my orders right). Also, the main reason I keep returning in this place is because they sell mutton meat, cow's milk, bread and fresh yogurt. 

Rating: 5/10





Pak Restaurant and Meat Shop
Address: La Huerta (Muslim Community), Sucat Paranaque
Opens 10am-10pm , Monday-Sunday
Phone: 09202936016
*accepts delivery within paranaque and las pinas area*

No comments:

Post a Comment