Tuesday, January 6, 2015

FOOD POST: YAKIMIX PRIME is NOT that Prime at all



So here we are!!! Since me and my friends can’t settle on where to eat, we ended up choosing an Eat All You Can Buffet place.

Yakimix Prime is said or rather, supposed to be a “high end” version of the original Yakimix Buffet. One of the things that make it special is that they serve Wagyu Beef (for grilling).

What’s my conclusion? Let’s go through the pictures for you to find out! 



Ambiance wise, it is more fancy than the regular Yakimix branches.  Staffs are also more spontaneous in assisting diners.


Salad Bar



Sushi Selection – nothing new or worth remembering. I didn’t take anything from this part.



Gyoza, Tonkatsu and other fried foods – by request.



My friend, digging in the stir fried noodle section.



Different choices of shabu shabu – by request as well.



Shrimp soup. Looks cute! 



My  1st plate. (Breaded fish fillet, crabstick tempura, clam with vermicelli noodles, fish fillet in some kind of sauce, fried chicken fillet yakitori, shrimp taro tempura, stuffed squid, vegetable tempura, siomai and meat roll)



2nd plate. Shrimp Tempura – crispy batter and not too oily.



3rd plate. Takoyaki – I’ve had better.



4th plate. Gyoza – skin of gyoza is good and has a spring back effect. Love it! Filling is just ok.



5th plate. Desserts! (Mochi Ice Cream, Cream Puff, some fusion kind of tiramisu, blueberry and strawberry cheesecake and leche flan)



Vanilla and Strawberry ice cream.




ChanakPigs Attack!!!! 






I forgot to take picture of the meats for grilling, but it’s just the same with other branches.

There are also some selection of viands which I didn’t bother trying. They look all too familiar.

Drinks are unlimited – sodas, fruit juices, ice tea and draft beer.

Oh, and the WAGYU? It’s not real – real wagyu, maybe the lowest class of wagyu type beef that have. (You’d know what I’m talking about if you have tasted real good quality Wagyu beef)

Overall, it was ok.  I don’t hate it but I don’t love it either. I would still prefer Vikings over this, though Vikings is pricier, they have more selections of food and taste-wise – better. 


PRICE LIST




2F Wumaco Building
Bonifacio High Street
7th Avenue, Taguig


No comments:

Post a Comment