Tuesday, January 20, 2015

FOOD POST: An evening snack at Tokyo Bubble Tea


Tokyo Bubble Tea in The Fort is open 24 hours which is AWESOME!  I’ve been here several times for their Milk Tea, but haven’t tried any of their food offerings.

It’s around 2 am so I just wanted to eat something light but still filling.



The place is clean and cozy. I think it can sit around 30-50 people on a busy lunch/dinner.






Kani Salad (135pesos)


The mangoes are sweet. The salad also has a generous amount of Kani (Crab Sticks). Mayonnaise is just regular mayonnaise. It also has some Orange-fish roe which I love and a few Nori strips.

The salad is pretty good, but I would prefer lettuce than cabbage, (wala na daw silang lettuce kaya sinusbtitute nalang ang cabbage), but it’s ok because it still tasted amazing.
For the price though, it is very SULIT.  This is a meal in itself.



Gyoza (123pesos)



This, I must say, is very substandard. It just tasted like the frozen gyoza you can buy in the supermarket.
I’m not sure if they make their own gyoza (like in Mitsuyado Sei-Men)  or if its store bought.






Beef Ramen (268pesos)


This is my officemate’s order but I was still able to try it (Konti Lang)
It is quite good considering the price. The serving is also pretty decent. The broth is fine, the meat is tender, noodles are ok, and the egg is good but overdone. 



The only shortcoming about this ramen was that they serve it LUKEWARM. Not hot like it’s supposed to be but tepid.




Overall, the experience is good but nothing extraordinary. I still wanted to try other dishes like their Katsudon, Sushi, Sashimi and their burgers – so I’ll definitely be back.




No comments:

Post a Comment