Sunday, August 24, 2014

Mistakes.. Part 2

8. They think all friendships can last forever.

I’ve already also known this many years ago. Not ALL your friends will be there till the end. The people we encounter in our life may come and go. Find out which of your friends means more to you and those that are not for keeps.

9. They look for their "soul mate."

Let me tweak that a bit. My mistake is not looking for a soul mate but staying in a relationship just because it's easy.This was also one of the things I regret the most in my life. Imagine yourself staying someone for YEARS, not because we both want to but because it is convenient.

Many of you might ask, "Who in the #$#@% world would keep a relationship just because it's convenient?” I did. WHY? Because we all know that it is so difficult so start a new one, and more difficult to find a new - someone.

Anyways, I still had a happy ending with someone new.  I didn't look for him, and he didn't look for me but we found each other. CHEESY!

10. They think moving somewhere new will solve their problems.

I did it and I had more problems. Ha-ha! I moved out of my parents house a few years after I graduated, thinking my independence is the key to become problem free. I had more problems, financially and emotionally. I never knew that living alone was so hard – paying my  rent, cooking my own food, washing clothes – things I haven’t done when I was still at my parents. Then I decided to move to an even bigger city, Manila, thinking that it will give me more security in terms of employment and money, but I was wrong again.

Moving from place to place is like wanting to escape your problem, which will really not solve anything, thus will just top off on your original issues.

11. They see things in black and white.

Somewhat guilty of this, because there were times in my life wherein I only see things as perfect or horrible. I missed out in seeing the in between situations to those extremes. I think this mentality led me to my Mistake #5 because I only saw situations as either success or failure. If it’s a success - I rejoice, but if it’s a failure - I give up.

12. They try planning years in advance.

This was my specialty! When I was much younger, I constantly tried to plan my life and how it should be in advance. I always contemplate with excitement of what my future will become (I daydream a lot), forgetting to live and appreciate the present favors of my life. In layman’s term – Not living the moment.
People always say to forget the past because it holds us back. Do you think living in the future doesn't hold us back? I am not saying to not plan your life. Of course we need to have at least a guide towards our future - but let us not get caught up too much with our imagination. We will only appreciate our future once we start living our life in the present.

13. They think they're the only one of their friends struggling.

I always ask myself - How come all my friends or the people I know, are more successful and happier than me? Have you ever asked yourself like this? Have you ever felt that you are behind everybody else?

“Envy is ever joined with the comparing of a man’s self; and where there is no comparison, no envy.” —Sir Francis Bacon

What did I do to correct this? I stopped comparing. Their worst is different from my worst and their best is different from my best. I started living my life and not the lives of others.



Are you guilty of these too? I think most of us are. But you know what? It’s ok, because LIFE is not PERFECT. No one said we can’t commit any mistakes. Only with these things we can realize our shortcomings and faults as a person thus will help up become a better one.

Hope you guys enjoy reading!
God bless you to a more abundant existence!


No comments:

Post a Comment